Send rate using gsm sim newbie question

I’m a newbie using playsms and gammu with a vodafone sim card in a Huawei E303 usb modem in an ubuntu installation. I want to use it message approx 120 people in a group. Faultless installation so far and everything works OK with testing on a group of 3 phone numbers.

I understand that because I am using standard sim, that I cannot send too many sms per hour. I need to know if I send to a group of 120 numbers if the system will cope with this and or do I need to throttle this somehow (e.g. 1 per 3 secs)

I’m a bit confused by other posts on the forum. - I need to know if I can safely go live and send 120 sms’s via playsms and gammu without getting blocked by vodafone. I don’t want to send to the group and then find half the messages don’t get through or I get my sim blocked…

All depend of Provider. My provider doesn’t accept any group messages. I sent 100 different SMS’s on Android device (1 SMS per 60 sec) and I’ve been blocked. I changed Provider and everything works fine (1 SMS per 60 sec).

So is there a setting in playsms to throttle messages - in your case - 1 sms per 60 sec? Or do I need to set it up in gammu or does the provider simply hold onto the the queue and automatically send it at the rate they set? I guess thats really the question I’m asking

There is setting in config file that you can change speed of sending sms. Please read other posts in forum.

Daemon_sleep=“1” → this is 1 second

1 Like