Restricting destination countries

Hello everybody,

can anyone tell me how to restrict destination prefixes / countries for SMS messages?.

Is there any “allowed prefixes” whitelist?

Thanks.

restrict as in block certain prefix can be done via Settings -> Route outgoing SMS, select SMSC blocked for the prefix

to simulate allowed prefixes you can set default SMSC to blocked from Settings -> Main configuration -> Default settings -> Default SMSC, and then add prefixes in Settings -> Route outgoing SMS

anton

Ok, i understand, but can i use some wildcard as * in prefix field? or do i have to write all countries prefixes denied separated by comma in -> Route SMS outgoing.

Thanks!

no, you cannot put * in prefix, you need to do this to get: deny all and allow some

1. set default SMSC to blocked from Settings -> Main configuration -> Default settings -> Default SMSC, this will deny all prefixes

2. and then add allowed prefixes in Settings -> Route outgoing SMS, this will allows some prefixes (that is previously denied on step 1)

anton

Ok, perfect.

Thank you!

If you are using Kannel you can use the allowed-prefix = to restrict.

hi all… sorry to rewamp this topic

upgraded to 1.4… I’m using the autorespod plugin (v 2) (see Incoming and outgoing blacklist, is possible?) and I need to block any outgoing sms to foreign numbers…

Just configured all following what I read in this topic, but it seems not to work, meaning that even blocking my country, if I send an sms, autorespod answer me…

so, I guess, autorespond is ignoring the routing and the rules… any hint, at least to debug?

TIA
S.

yes you are write you are doing good again Restricting destination countries