Provider blocked all outgoing traffic - how to change speed of sending sms?

My problem is that Provider blocked all outgoing traffic. Can someone write step by step how to change delay between sending sms, please? For example 1 sms per 25 seconds. What location are files to change?

Anthon, can you make option in PlaySMS to choose deley between all sending sms? For example: We have 100 subscribers and we want to send sms to all from 10:00-15:00. This option will be very helpfull for many people. I will make donation for you if it work fine of course.

It’s impossible for anyone to help you if you do not say Gateway: Gammu, Kannel, SMPP? With regard to the issue of donation to the project without waiting for you to solve your problem, that is the beauty of OpenSource projects.

I use Gammu. I’ve just made a few tests. I’ve copied all contacts from PlaySMS to Android device and:

1. I sent 100 SMS’s (on Android). Provider blocked all outgoing traffic.
  2. I sent 100 SMS’s (on Android) with delay of 60 second - provider blocked all outgoing traffic.
  3. I sent 100 different SMS’s (on Android) with delay of 60 second - provider blocked all outgoing traffic.
  4. I changed Provider to Orange and I sent 100 identical SMS’s (on Android) with delay of 60 second - everything works.

It’s depend of Provider.

I am using smstools, is there a method to throttle the outgoing rate?

Some carriers in my country also limit the number of SMS a simcard sends per day.

On playSMS config file:

// limit the number of queue processed by sendsmsd in one time
$core_config[‘sendsmsd_queue’] = 1;

// limit the number of chunk per queue
$core_config[‘sendsmsd_chunk’] = 1;

// chunk size
$core_config[‘sendsms_chunk_size’] to 1 or 2, i.e. 1 or 2 sms sent each time.

above configuration will cause playSMS send one message a time.

What playsms version do you have?

On newer versions, playsmsd.conf has a parameter that sets sleep time between playsmd executions. Take a look.

daemon_sleep=“30”