Watchdog versus start?

What is the difference between playsms watchdog and playsms start?
Thanks for the answer.

Respectfully,
Jamshid Tursunov

they’re both the same:

anton

Thank you, Anton.

Regards,
Jamshid Tursunov

Hi Anton,

I am in installing playsms.1.4.5 on ubuntu 20.04 and using php8.1 server and I am getting this error message;’

oot@smpp:/usr/local/bin# nano -l /etc/playsmsd.conf
root@smpp:/usr/local/bin#
root@smpp:/usr/local/bin#
root@smpp:/usr/local/bin# playsmsd start
PHP Deprecated: strtolower(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/bin/playsmsd on line 289
PHP Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/bin/playsmsd on line 40
PHP Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/bin/playsmsd on line 40
Unable to start playsmsd

And when I further checked; I saw the errors to come from line 289;

// Loop flag: loop => execute in a loop, once => execute only once
289 $LOOP_FLAG = (strtolower($argument[2]) ? strtolower($argument[2]) : ‘loop’);

And there is also something to do with this function due to a reason that it is deprecated in php8.1
function playsmsd_pid_get($process) {
38 global $PLAYSMSD_CONF;
40 return trim(shell_exec(“ps -eo pid,command | grep '” . $PLAYSMSD_CONF . “’ | grep '” . $process . “’ | grep -v grep | sed -e ‘s/^ *//’ -e ‘s/ *$//’ | cut -d’ ’ -f1 | tr ‘\n’ ’ '”));
41 }

Has these bugs been fixed? I am not a real programmer and there is no way i can fix these.

Hi Anton,

I have succeeded in installing kannel in ubuntu 20.04 but playsms is really giving me nightmare for about a week now.

Is there any way I could be helped or advised on the real steps to take in successfully getting playsms to work on ubuntu 20.04 server using php8.1

regards

And below is the output from playsmsd check

root@smpp:/usr/local/bin# playsmsd check
PHP Deprecated: strtolower(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/bin/playsmsd on line 289
PLAYSMSD_CONF = /etc/playsmsd.conf
PLAYSMS_PATH = /var/www/html/playsms
PLAYSMS_LIB = /var/lib/playsms
PLAYSMS_BIN = /usr/local/bin
PLAYSMS_LOG = /var/log/playsms
DAEMON_SLEEP = 1
ERROR_REPORTING = 32757
IS_RUNNING =
PIDS schedule =
PIDS ratesmsd =
PIDS dlrssmsd =
PIDS recvsmsd =