Simply sending bulk sms using a mobile phone

Hello everyone,
I am new to this, I have never used sms software before. Before I install and test the software, I would like to know if I can use it to simply send bulk sms to a few thousand of people at a time, using a mobile phone that I plug via usb.

I do not own a modem, and I am not planning on buying one, I have a small language school and have to target prospect students via sms that’s all.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Amine.

it depend on your mobile phone and your ability to configure the gateway to be used with your mobile phone.

playSMS is a web user interface for several SMS gateway software, for example for Gammu, smstools3 and Kannel.

anton

in addition to what anton said you can use theoretically everything that is able to send sms and is connectable to a PC.
but remind that using SIM-card-driven sms sending you will be limited in sending speed to about 5-10 sms per minute.

Hi Amine,

Unfortunately, SMS software typically won’t work for bulk messaging directly through a mobile phone plugged in via USB. These programs are designed to connect to a computer’s internet connection or a dedicated SMS gateway, not a phone itself.

However, there are a couple of options you can consider for your language school’s SMS needs:

1. Bulk SMS Service Providers:
    Several online services like ClickSend, BulkSMS, or SendPulse offer bulk SMS plans. These platforms allow you to upload your contact list and send personalized messages to thousands of recipients at once. They are user-friendly and don’t require additional hardware like modems.
  2. Bulk SMS Apps: There are Android apps like Multi SMS Sender or Bulk SMS Plans that enable sending bulk messages from your phone. While they have limitations compared to online services (like lower sending limits), they might be suitable for smaller campaigns. Keep in mind that using your personal phone number for bulk marketing might not be ideal.