Redundant Kannel gateways

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some help with configuring a redundant gateway. At present we have a working system that uses Kannel as a gateway to a our SMS provider. Our provider offers redundant sites that load balance so inbound SMS should come through one Kannel gateway to our system. The providers 2 sites are synced to provide a single message ID.

How do I set up a second Kannel gateway as an automatic failover? Is this configured from a higher level in playSMS or is this element handled entirely by Kannel config? In an ideal world, I would have both gateways connected at all times and load balance, then when an SMS fails to send through one gateway I could automatically attempt to send through the other gateway.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

To do load balancing, just set another smsc in kannel, with same name, but pointing to your SMS provider second site. Neither playsms or kannel have failover, meaning that no sms will be sent to a second smsc in case of failure.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.