playSMS daemon status NOT running with RED label

So all my cases will be under first option described by you.
If I understood what you proposed is to user Settings->Route incoming SMS->Post rules and first option on that page is

Route all sandbox SMS with matched sender ID
no/yes
Route to user inbox if receiver number matched with user sender ID
So what I understand is that if the receiver/destination cellphone number is the same as the sender ID of this user then the SMS is forwarded to Inbox instead of Sandbox (or moved from Sandbox to Inbox), is that right ?

In this case, because I’ll use multiple SIM cards, a good idea is to create a different user for each phone number and apply this rule.
Now the question is where do I set up this Sender ID in order to be compared in the rule?

See playsms.log while receiving SMS, see if receiver number detected, and then match it with sender ID of a user. Incoming sms will be forwarded to that user’s inbox, if you set it so.

Other way is to include @playsmsusername in front of text in incoming sms, this kind of sms will be forwarded to playsmsuser’s inbox. If you set it so.

Should be clear enough the comments on the menu on Route incoming SMS.

I have the following situation:

• new user, called user1, created from admin page;
  • set up Settings->Route incoming SMS->Post rules first option to yes to forward all new messages to Inbox when receiver cellphone number is exact match with Sender ID (I suppose this option can be setup only by the admin for all users because I can’t see it on user1 account).
  • then add and approve the Sender ID from Settings->Manage Sender ID (this can be done directly from admin page or requested by user1 and admin should approve it)

I have all the above done, at Settings->Manage Sender ID on the right side the label is green (approved) but when I send a message from another phone to Sender ID I can’t see it in Inbox section. I checked it under admin account View log and the receiver value is the same as the Sender ID which was set.
What do I do wrong?

Please don’t be so harsh with me. I may be very stupid, I admit, but I spent so many hours trying to get this project done and right now I feel I’m so close…

By the way, when you want to add a new Sender ID under admin or other user (link: /index.php?app=main&inc=core_sender_id&op=sender_id_add) the “Save” button is not correctly displayed because of this line:
< p ><input type=submit class=button value=‘’>< /p >

don’t worry about it :slight_smile: I’ll answer when I have time

ah, thanks

playSMS supplied by the gateway for everything, including sender and receiver number. That means you need to check from smstools side whether it supplied playSMS or not. See playsms.log when you’re sending from another phone, see what happens, read the log perhaps you’ll find out whether theres number or not.

Do this, watch playsms.log and save it on incoming.txt, and then send an SMS from another phone, once done and you see something in the log and when it finishes hit CTRL+C and then read incoming.txt:

tail -f /var/log/playsms/playsms.log -n0 | tee incoming.txt

paste here the incoming.txt (please edit all private information such as phone numbers etc)

anton

don’t worry about it :slight_smile: I’ll answer when I have time
Man, you replied very very fast. I don’t know how to pay your support. I suppose you have some details somewhere for donations.

What I get in playsms.log is what I get under Reports->View log. It’s the way it should be, right?

tail -f /komodo/playsms.log -n0

– 2020-05-05 09:21:05 PID5eb04fafd9fb9 - L3 smstools_hook_getsmsinbox # sender:+4yyyyyyyyyy receiver:+4xxxxxxxxxx dt:2020-05-05 09:21:05 msg:[This is a test message to test in log!] smsc:[modem2]
– 2020-05-05 09:21:05 PID5eb04fafd9fb9 - L3 recvsms # isrecvsmsd:1 dt:2020-05-05 09:21:05 sender:4yyyyyyyyyy m:This is a test message to test in log! receiver:+4xxxxxxxxxx smsc:modem2
– 2020-05-05 09:21:06 PID5eb04fafd9fb9 - L3 recvsmsd # id:23 dt:2020-05-05 09:21:05 sender:+4yyyyyyyyyy m:This is a test message to test in log! receiver:+4xxxxxxxxxx smsc:modem2
– 2020-05-05 09:21:06 PID5eb04fafd9fb9 - L3 recvsms_process # dt:2020-05-05 09:21:05 sender:+4yyyyyyyyyy m:This is a test message to test in log!receiver:+4xxxxxxxxxx smsc:modem2
– 2020-05-05 09:21:06 PID5eb04fafd9fb9 - L3 recvsms_process # unhandled datetime:2020-05-05 09:21:05 sender:+4yyyyyyyyyy receiver:+4xxxxxxxxxx message:This is a test message to test in log!

[modem2] - because this is the device configured in smsd.conf which handles this action;
receiver - +4xxxxxxxxxx this is the phone number for SIM/modem connected to Raspberry PI;
sender - 4yyyyyyyyyy this is the phone number used in a cell phone for test;

Reports->View log
I won’t add the log as I checked them line by line and are the same (this is because those are taken from playsms.log, right?)

I think I found the problem - configuration issue - and I’ll explain below if others encounter the same situation.

If the Sender ID is set as Default Sender ID then the single option is to set is:
Route incoming SMS -> Post rules -> Route all sandbox SMS with matched sender ID -> yes

To set a Sender ID as Default Sender ID you need to:

1. add a Sender ID: Settings -> Manage sender ID then follow the instructions;
  2. the sender ID must be approved by the admin (see red label vs. green label after approval)
  3. set the sender ID as default: My account -> User configuration in the form you get the 3rd field is Default sender ID. Choose it from the dropdown menu.

If the Sender ID is not set as Default Sender ID then there are 2 options to set:
Route incoming SMS -> Post rules -> Route all sandbox SMS with matched sender ID -> yes
Route incoming SMS -> Settings -> Match with all approved sender ID -> yes

So have you got it working as intended ?

Reminder

Btw make sure you are using 1.4.3, previous version have a very serious security vulnerability.

And if possible reinstall using non root user, run playsmsd as non root.

Anton

Yup, now I see new messages forwarded to Inbox for the user I created.

To handle the usage of multiple modems, I am thinking to add/configure all modems in Manage gateway and SMSC and create separate users for each SIM/number.
For example:
user: u_+4411223344
SMSC [modem1] which handles modem/SIM with number +4411223344
user: u_+4455667788
SMSC [modem2] which handles modem/SIM with number +4455667788

Now, my doubt is if I can associate user <-> created gateway/SMSC. In this way, when someone is logged on a specific user will send a SMS using its SMSC and the Inbox is populated with SMSes received to its SMSC. (I hope you understand what I wanted to eplain here)
Would this be possible? I the web app capable of setting different SMSC for different user?

Incoming SMS routed by comparing receiver number on incoming SMS and user’s sender ID, if matched then route it to user’s inbox. Configs are in Settings->Route incoming SMS

Outgoing SMS can be routed via certain SMSC per user bases in Settings->Route outgoing SMS

Anton

after editing config.php still daemon is red. i’m running playsms 1.4.3 on ubuntu 18.04

you mean this config.php ?

anton

yes

$plugin_config[‘playsmslog’][‘playsmsd’][‘bin’] = ‘/home/komodo/bin/playsmsd’;
$plugin_config[‘playsmslog’][‘playsmsd’][‘conf’] = ‘/etc/playsmsd.conf’;

if you run this on console, can you see the result ?

/home/komodo/bin/playsmsd /etc/playsmsd.conf check

Unable to find playsmsd.conf

if you followed this article: https://playsms.org/2020/03/20/install-playsms-1-4-3-on-ubuntu-18-04/ it should be in /home/komodo/etc/playsmsd.conf

if playsmsd is running, try:

ps ax | grep playsms

anton

3367 pts/0 S+ 0:00 grep --color=auto playsms

it means playsms daemon is not running, trace back how you install it, locate playsmsd.conf, see above article or whichever manual you followed to install playSMS 1.4.3

komodo@sms-server:~$ cd /home/komodo/etc
komodo@sms-server:~/etc$ ls
playsmsd.conf

so instead of /etc/playsmsd.conf use /home/komodo/etc/playsmsd.conf

anton

so path conf path should be like this
playSMS conf path = /home/komodo/etc/playsmsd.conf