Outbound SMTP L2 sendmail # end with error:server does not require authentication

Hi folks

I am trying to get email notifications working but all i get in the logs is

L2 sendmail # end with error:server does not require authentication

I have tried a few different mail servers including a relay we have which requires no authentcation from this ip and I just get the above.

Am I missing something?

If you search this forum there’s quite a few posts about this and the sendmail from header errors, and absolutely no answers :frowning:

Thanks Walther i feared as much. Ive set it to use a gateway whuch needs authentication for now.

Hi! This is really frustrating. It is a great app in so many ways, but this emailproblem is driving me crazy! I’ve tried all the suggestions I’ve come over and then some, without luck. My playsms doesn’t log any error, either in logstate 2, 3 og 4. However, in the postfix log this appear:

Dec 29 10:14:38 holbekanlegg postfix/smtpd[217098]: connect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Dec 29 10:14:38 holbekanlegg postfix/smtpd[217098]: lost connection after EHLO from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Dec 29 10:14:38 holbekanlegg postfix/smtpd[217098]: disconnect from localhost[127.0.0.1] ehlo=1 commands=1

I don’t know what this means, but it’s clear that playsms for some reason is immediately disconnectet. Postfix sends emails from the commandline just fine. If someone could figure this out, I could sleep at night again :wink:

From your last post it seems like you got it to work somehow. Would you care to share how you made it work?

I tried every possibility from our local mail gateways and in the end used a free account at smtp2go com which allows up to 1000 emails a month.

I will return to this problem when we exceeed this figure

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.