How to create a group / How to send SMS to whole group

I’ve installed playSMS with smstools and all working fine.

Now I have some questions about some settings. I’ve read the dokumentation but theres nothing explained how to configure users and groups or sending bulk sms to groups.

My questions are:

1. How to create a group. I can’t find a menu item named group in settings.
  2. What is the ACL (I know it means access control list). Is this an equivalent to groups (because i found no item named groups). How to use it.
  3. If i’ve created a group how to add a user to a group
  4. If i want to send an sms to multiple user how do i do that.
  5. I need more Explanation what is the sense of subusers. If i send a sms to a user is it also send to its subusers.

Can u please answer my question with a concrete example of use.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

1. To create a group of phone numbers you need to access Phonebook, theres group in phonebook
  2. ACL is to limit access to certain menus for certain users, for example user A cannot have access to SMS board then admin create an ACL without access to SMS board and set user A to use that ACL
  3. Where do you create that group ? phonebook ? if its from phonebook you can only add numbers not users
  4. just type in compose message, use comma to separate, or use #<groupcode> to send to that group (phonebook)
  5. subusers is a user controlled by a user, user can create subusers, each account has their own login, so, no, if you send sms to a user then the sms will only be sent to that user

anton

Thank you for your immediate answer. This was very helpful.

Another Question:

Is a phonebook only available for one user or can I transfer it to other users?

phonebook currently only available for each user

anton

Phonebook cannot be transferred to other users.
But if some numbers in your phonebook are part of a particular group and that group’s visibility is set to ‘anyone’ then all users in playsms can see all numbers in those groups while they compose message and access the phonebook.

If your problem is resolved. Please mark it as solved.

Thank you for your help. Problem is solved.