Get started with PlaySMS & RPi

(Henrik Andersen) #1

can some one pleace guide me:

I want a Step By Step guide
to how to get playSMS running
on my “Raspberry Pi” working with a
"Wavecom m1305b" over a "USB to RS232"
I have tryed with some guides but without luck.

I have tryed This guide but i cant follow it after “Gateway - SMS Server Tools 3” maby cause they use Huawei and i an using Wavecom.

So pleace a guide from start to functionaly end.

(Andre Gronwald) #2

the link is a step by step guide.
so please tell us what you did already and what is not working.
in general the workflow is:
playsms -> smsservertools3 -> gsm

is playsms up and running? are sms delivered to smsservertools3? if so, then you have only to check the modem configuration.

(Henrik Andersen) #3

PlaySMS is running
As said earlier, i am sure until "Gateway - SMS Server Tools 3"
Can’t make the “ID: 12d1:1506” part work.

(Andre Gronwald) #4

that means:

1. playsms is up and running
  2. smsservertools3 is up and running
  3. modem is not working yet.

try first to get a valid communication to modem via “minicom”. if that is done, you “simply” can use that device in smsservertools.

(Henrik Andersen) #5

Only 1. step.
no servertools3.

and no response on minicom.

(Andre Gronwald) #6

ok, then you need to get your modem running. please get help in other forums for that, it is very linux specific and not playsms-related. try to start here:

(Henrik Andersen) #7

I am not using a "Huawei"
i am using a “Wavecom M1306B” its a serial rs232 unit
and i cant find a guide for this.

(Andre Gronwald) #8

it is the same as in the links, only the path to you rs232-part changes to /dev/something, maybe /dev/ttyS0

remember: with minicom you test the access to that device. all devices under linux are accessed by a file link like /dev/idontknow
if you establish the connection via minicom, then you can use that device for sms server tools as well (same path, e.g. /dev/ttyS1)
so follow that links i posted before, maybe this one (other topic, but focussing on serial connection) helps further:

(Geeth) #9

I’m also same situation, i got some links for install the this modem and it’s worked from me… hope it will help for you…

(Henrik Andersen) #10

I have tryed it,
but still can’t make it work.