Gammu compatible device

Hi All,

I have setup playSMS on my ubuntu 18.04, however, I can’t seem to find a GAMMU compatible device that would allow me to use my local machine as the SMS Gateway. I have a Sony Xperia Z1 and a Huawei 8372d modem.

Can anyone shed some light on the right device to use. I can’t use any of the old phones as they are not 3G phones and so, no SIM card will work in them. I prefer one of the newer phones/modem that I can use as my Gateway.

Appreciate your assistance.

Best wishes,
Sathesh.

I am not using a phone. I am using SIM7000C Raspberry hat from WaveShare.
A budget choice if you are going to setup a gateway with multiple SIM cards.

Before I decide to install most software, i used minicom to try AT+CMGS to ensure the serial port can open.

Thank you very much! Finally one reply…hahahaha…

My only concern with the SIM7000C is that it only supports 900/1800Mhz. It sorta limits my options in terms of networks. Though SMS is gsm, in the event the service provider decides to shut down 1800Mhz, then I will need to look for another alternative. With mobile phones, it supports quite a wide range of frequencies. Which can be advantageous. If one phone dies, I can use the next.

Any thoughts on that?

Hi, I’m new to this forum. Researching on method for sending bulk SMS. I’ve heard many uses SIM cards for sending bulk messages (upto 1M). Can we use this software with modems and local carrier SIM cards in US for sending bulk SMS messages?

Really appreciate your feedback and any information on this