Change SMS message header ID

(JJ Baeza) #1

Hi all i´d like to know if there is any way to change the ID of the sender (the telephone number) and change it with a word. I´ve tried to set up an ID but still telephone number arrives on msg header.

I´m using smstools, so is this feature related to the gateway? When i use an external gateway there is no problem with this feature and a word is sent instead of any number.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

(Anton Raharja) #2

you cannot change sender ID using smstools3

(Marco) #3

which gateway should I use to change the sender Id?
now use playsms 1.3.1, whith 3g key and SMS tools

(Anton Raharja) #4

services that allows changing sender ID, for example connection to carriers/service providers via SMPP, nexmo, twilio and such bulk sms providers

(JJ Baeza) #5

Thank you Anton, that´s just what i´m setting up now, kannel + smpp with the data provided by the sms carrier, so i figure there is no need of any GSM device.

One question, is possible to get DLR status via smpp if your carrier gives you the report information?

(Anton Raharja) #6

yes, its possible if you’re using kannel

(Marco) #7

Excuse me if I insist, but with kannel I can change the sender ID?

(JJ Baeza) #8

Yes, you can change it. But notice that you cannot if you use a gsm modem connection attached to your computer, you need a smpp protocol connection and a provider which support it.

(Natasha Williams) #9

Can any one please tell me Can I change My sender ID while sending Transactional SMS through similar SMS gateway?