Change SMS message header ID

Hi all i´d like to know if there is any way to change the ID of the sender (the telephone number) and change it with a word. I´ve tried to set up an ID but still telephone number arrives on msg header.

I´m using smstools, so is this feature related to the gateway? When i use an external gateway there is no problem with this feature and a word is sent instead of any number.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

you cannot change sender ID using smstools3

anton

which gateway should I use to change the sender Id?
now use playsms 1.3.1, whith 3g key and SMS tools

services that allows changing sender ID, for example connection to carriers/service providers via SMPP, nexmo, twilio and such bulk sms providers

anton

Thank you Anton, that´s just what i´m setting up now, kannel + smpp with the data provided by the sms carrier, so i figure there is no need of any GSM device.

One question, is possible to get DLR status via smpp if your carrier gives you the report information?

Regards.

yes, its possible if you’re using kannel

anton

Excuse me if I insist, but with kannel I can change the sender ID?

Yes, you can change it. But notice that you cannot if you use a gsm modem connection attached to your computer, you need a smpp protocol connection and a provider which support it.

Regards.

Can any one please tell me Can I change My sender ID while sending Transactional SMS through similar SMS gateway?