[solved] Can't send Emoji

Hello.
Im using playsms with Generic Gateway and I can not sending emoji and all of text after emoji will be cut.
how can I fix it ?
thank you.

I installed clean playsms, and still have this problem.

How to reproduce the issue so I can try it.

I dont need to know which gateway you’re submitting to, but I need to know how the URL be when sending that emoji. Thus I need to know how you send the emoji, which emoji.

Anton

1 Like

Hello.
I can not send most of Emoji.
and the outgoing URL from server is without emoji. ( I think playsms prevent to put it to DB or something like this)
for example I can send these emoji as successfully without any problem :star::white_check_mark: :heart::phone: :arrow_double_down::no_entry:
But when I put these emoji :laughing::weary::grin::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::pensive::relaxed::wink::smiley::cry::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::flushed::sob: to message. emoji and all text after emoji will be cut.
you can try it.
thank you.

I dont see anything out of ordinary in Generic plugin, perhaps you can try to send it to other gateway, for example to Twilio/Nexmo for tests.

anton

1 Like

hi Mr anton.
its not gateway problem.
I think its mysql problem.
becasue I can not save emoji in message template too and all text after emoji will be cut.
see this video. https://filebin.net/28fhsf4pr3g1j3lt/problem.mp4?t=sgvu6hho

What device do you use to type emoji ? LIke I asked earlier, how to reproduce this issue exactly ? As far as I know, emoji, may be different from apps to apps.

I tested from Firefox on my android, see screenshots:

Message template:

Compose message:

My sent messages:

anton

1 Like

thank you
I think this problem for Collation in mysql. because I can not insert Emoji in mysql p_msg manually.

1 Like

I change colleation in mysql from utf8_general_ci to utf8mb4_unicode_ci.
I can insert emoji manually on mysql now.
but when I try to insert with playsms every emoji convert to three question marks

hello.
I tried to create new standalone php/mysql file to insert emoji to db. and it was success without any problem.
after that I put insert code to /playsms/plugin/core/sendsms/sendsms.php file and emojies convert to question mark after inserting.

so every emoji inserting with playsms engine will be convert to question mark.
what do you think about this problem ? thank you.

// SMS message
            $message = $_REQUEST['message'];
            $db_query2 = "INSERT INTO test (name, last, id , id2) VALUES ('$message', 'test', '1', '1' )";
            $db_result = dba_query($db_query2);

no any suggestion ???

Hi, so far I don’t know what happened.

anton

1 Like

Which file or section I must will check ?
because every emoji inject with playsms to DB will be question mark.
everything is ok if I insert emoji to playsms DB directly.

pleas help me.
thank you in advance.

try comment or edit this line:

anton

1 Like

Wow. it worked.
thank you in advane.
you help me so much nowadays.

thank again.

So what did you do? Remove/comment it or change it to another charset ?

Anton

1 Like

I changed it to utf8mb4
and change all msg/text sql collation to utf8mb4_general

1 Like

Hello Hamidreza I have exactly the same issue when sending text with emoji I receive question mark in the destination phone. Thanks to Anton I changed the init.php and I changed DB and tables collation and characterset but still same issue. When I look in the playsms interface the text sent I can see the emojis.
So when you say “and change all msg/text sql collation to utf8mb4_general” what do you mean exactly? Maybe I missed something.

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Like

hello my friend.
I changed to lation to utf8mb4_general in text field in outgoing and outgoin_queue table and p_text in msgTemplate table.

Hello my friend,
Thank you very much for your help. I was able to do the changes.
Unfortunately I can see in playsms the emojis but not in the destination phone we still receive a ? character instead of the emoji. Maybe a limitation with smstools3.
Sorry for maybe this stupid question but what is the generic gateway? how do use it? can I use it with a USB GSM modem?

Thanks in advance